Pulled beef sliders with coleslaw
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 6 hours
- 1 - 1.5kg beef bolar roast
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups (680g) passata tomato puree
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock/ broth
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp sweet paprika
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch good quality salt
- BBQ sauce
- 1/4 purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard powder
- Place garlic, tomato puree, stock, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and spices into slow cooker (or deep roasting tray) and combine well.
- Place beef into marinade and cook in slow cooker on low for 6 hours (or cove roasting tray and cook in a slow equivalent oven) or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily. Add a pinch of good quality salt to your liking.
- Meanwhile, prepare coleslaw by combining all ingredients well. Set aside in fridge until ready to serve.
- Once meat is tender remove from heat and use two forks to shred meat and stir through the remaining sauce.
- Assemble sliders by spreading on BBQ sauce followed by coleslaw and then the shredded meat