Roast bolar blade beef with mustard and red wine
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 65min
1.2kg Farm88 beef bolar blade roast
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
6 pickling onions, peeled, halved
4 sprigs thyme +extra leaves, to serve
2 cups (500ml) beef stock
1 cup (250ml) dry red wine
2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed, cut into batons
Steamed snow peas, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- Brush beef with half the oil. Season.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook beef for 6-8 minutes or until browned all over.
- Transfer to a rack. Brush top of beef with mustard. Place onions, thyme, stock and wine in the base of a large roasting tin. Sit rack with beef over roasting tin.
- Cook beef for 50-55 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer onions and sauce to a saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until sauce reduces. Keep sauce warm.
- Increase oven temperature to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Spread sweet potato onto a large baking tray, drizzle with remaining oil, season and cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Slice beef. Reheat onions and sauce, if required. Serve beef with onions, sauce, sweet potatoes, snow peas and extra thyme
- Resting your roast will ensure it is tender and will lock the juices in.
- Leftover beef will be delicious in a crusty bread roll with salad for next day lunch.