Italian pot roasted pork scotch with potato fennel and tomato
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 10mins | Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 1.5-2kg Tasman pork scotch roast, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 400g can tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 3 bulbs fennel, washed and halved
- 10 chat potatoes, halved
- Chopped parsley to serve
- Trim pork roast well and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large deep pan over medium heat and add the garlic to the pan. Brown the pork roast well on each side.
- Add the herbs to the pan along with the tomatoes and white wine. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn roast, add the fennel bulbs and potatoes to the pot cover and cook for a further 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove roast and allow to rest prior to slicing. Serve with fennel and potatoes and a little of the cooking liquid. Garnished with finely chopped parsley and crusty bread.