Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 40 mins
1 pack Tasman beef meatballs (24 pack, 550g)
500g Spighe Di Campo pasta spaghetti
680g La Fiammante Passata Sauce
1 can De Clemente diced tomatoes
1 brown onion, chopped finely
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
125ml chicken stock
2 tsp brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp Olivital Extra Virgin Olive Oil
GFresh mixed herbs
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Olivital Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook the meatballs in batches, turning frequently, for 5 minutes or until brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add oil then onion and cook until softened. Add garlic in with the onion and cook, stirring for another two minutes.
- Add 260g of La Fiammante Passata Sauce, 1 can of De Clemente diced tomatoes, chicken stock, 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, Gfresh mixed herbs, salt and pepper to the saucepan and stir together. Bring the heat to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer the mixture, cover and stir occasionally for 30 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce mixture and simmer for a further 10 minutes covered.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to packet instructions. Drain cooked pasta and return to saucepan. Add meatballs and sauce to pasta and gently mix together.
- Sprinkle the meatballs and pasta with Gfresh mixed herbs and serve with parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy.