Osso Bucco Casserole with Tomato and Chilli
Serves: 8-10 | Preparation time: 30 mins | Cooking time: 2 hours 45 mins
8 Tasman’s Yearling Beef Osso Bucco
1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt and pepper *to taste
1/4 cup oil
1 onion large peeled sliced
1 red chilli finely chopped large seeded
2 cloves garlic crushed
440 g canned crushed tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
1 tbs tomato paste
1 cup dry white wine
250 g cherry tomato
1 tsp parsley chopped *to decorate
1 tsp cornflour optional
- Preheat oven to 140C (fan-forced).
- Place flour, curry powder, pepper and salt in a plastic bag, add meat and shake well, remove and shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil and add meat in batches to seal and lightly brown. Drain on paper towels then layer meat in a single row, if possible, in large baking dish.
- Brown onions, chilli and garlic in same pan, add to meat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and season to taste.
- Pour tomato mixture over meat and onions. Cover dish tightly with foil or lid.
- Bake for 2-2½ hours.
- Fifteen minutes before removing from oven add cherry tomatoes.
- If desired, thicken sauce with a little cornflour mixed with water, trying not to disturb the cherry tomatoes too much.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.