Slow Roasted Greek Leg of Lamb
Serves: 6 | Prep time: 20 min
| Cooking time: 2 ½ hours
2kg Tasman Whole Leg of Lamb
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
10 kipfler potatoes
10 oregano sprigs
2 tsp. sea salt flakes
4 garlic cloves
½ cup (125ml) dry white wine
2 red onions, quartered
2 lemons, quartered
1 ½ cups (375ml) Massel Chicken Liquid Stock
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the lamb in a large roasting pan, season with oil and salt.
- Using a sharp knife, cut small slits, about 2cm deep, into the flesh of the lamb. Poke a garlic clove and oregano sprig in each slit.
- Pour the chicken stock and wine over the lamb and cover with foil.
- Cook in preheated oven. After 1 hour remove from the oven and pour pan juices over the lamb.
- Arrange the onion, potato, lemon and olives around the lamb, then cover with foil and roast for another hour.
- Remove foil and roast for a further 30 minutes or until lamb is very tender. Remove from oven, cover with foil and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Thickly slice the lamb and arrange on serving plates with potato, onion and olives, and drizzle with pan juices.
- Serve and enjoy!