Asian pork stir fry with steamed rice
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 10mins
- 1kg Tasman pork shoulder roast, thinly sliced across the grain
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dry sherry (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 10 green beans, trimmed and cut
- Hot steamed jasmine rice to serve
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- Prepare the sauce ingredients by combining together the chicken stock, corn flour, soy sauce and dry sherry. Set aside.
- Heat the pan to a high temperature, add the oil and immediately add the onion, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Then add the broccolini, carrot, and beans for a few minutes or until they are just tender, but still crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan if required and add the pork, stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the sauce and cook, stirring for a minute or until sauce thickens.
- Return vegetables to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients together and coat with sauce.
- Serve on top of steamed rice and scatter with sliced fresh chilli.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Pork