Asian style beef burgers
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 500g Farm88 regular beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs (alternatively use 2 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 wholemeal rolls, lightly toasted
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- ¼ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- Coriander and mint leaves, to garnish
- Hot chilli sauce, to serve, if desired
- Combine the beef mince, garlic, curry paste, green onions, breadcrumbs and egg . Season and shape into 4 burgers.
- Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or pan to moderately-high heat. Lightly brush the burgers with oil and place the burgers on the barbecue or in the pan, reducing the heat to medium.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking, turning the burgers once.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with rocket, cucumber, carrot, sprouts, mayonnaise, coriander and mint leaves and hot chilli sauce, if desired. Enjoy!