Bacon & egg BBQ beef burgers
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 4x Tasman beef burger patties
- 4 eggs
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 4 burger buns, cut in half
- Cos lettuce leaves
- Fresh tomato, sliced
- Your favourite burger sauce
- Prepare the barbecue for direct cooking over medium heat (180°C to 230°C) with a hotplate or Frying Pan.
- Place the patties directly on the cooking grill and cook over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, for 3 to 4 minutes. Open the lid and turn the patties. Once the patties are turned, melt a little butter on the hotplate (or frying pan) and crack the four eggs onto it. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Once the eggs are cooking, place the bacon rashers directly on the cooking grill. Close the lid and continue to cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes, turning the bacon after 2 minutes.
- When the patties are cooked, remove from the grill and set aside to rest. While the patties are resting, place the burger buns on the grill, cut side down and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the buns from the grill and assemble the burgers with a patty, a rasher of bacon, lettuce, tomato, a fried egg, and your favourite burger sauce.