Baked ham with plum & pomegranate glaze
Serves: 8 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 x 2-3kg Tasman ham leg (boneless)
- 1 cup pomegranate or black currant juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plum jam
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove ham from the packaging and remove the rind carefully. Score the surface into a diamond pattern.
- Place the ham into a deep baking dish and place in the preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan place the juice, sugar, plum jam and mixed spice. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer until liquid has reduced by half.
- Remove ham and pour over half the glaze. Return the ham to the oven and cook for a further 40 minutes basting with glaze frequently.
- Remove ham from oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Decorate the ham with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve warm with vegetables or salad.
- Store leftover ham in a ham bag soaked in boiling water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar, then squeezed dry. This process needs to be repeated every 3 days to keep ham fresh.