Balinese beef Weber roast with coconut rice
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 65 mins
- 1kg Farm88 yearling beef weber roast
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ long red chilli, chopped
- 3cm peeled ginger, peeled, sliced
- 1 eschalot, chopped
- 2 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy)
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup black (or brown or wild) rice
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 150g green beans, trimmed, halved1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 100g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp chilli sambal (or sambal oelek), plus extra to serve with beef
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place beef in a roasting dish. Place garlic, chilli, ginger and eschalot in a mortar and pestle and pound to a paste. Stir in kecap manis, lime and fish sauce. Spread all over beef. Cook at 200C for 15 minutes then reduce to 160C and cook for 45-50 minutes for medium rare. Rest, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, until ready to serve.⁰
- Wash rice and place in a medium saucepan with 2 cups water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes until tender. Stir through toasted coconut.
- Place beans and asparagus in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Sit for 1 minute and drain. Toss with snow peas, cherry tomatoes and sambal.
- Rest beef and slice into ½ cm slices. Serve with coconut rice and sambal vegetables, lime wedges and extra sambal, if desired.
- Instead of a mortar and pestle you can use a small food processor for similar results.