Barbecued sausages with capsicum and tomato salsa
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10mins | Cooking Time: 12mins
- 12 x thin beef sausages or flavoured beef sausages
- 2 ½ roasted red capsicum, chopped
- 2 ½ roasted green capsicum, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- 2 tsp red or white wine vinegar
- Preheat the barbecue char-grill or flat-plate to moderate before adding the sausages. Cut the links between the sausages (do not pierce them).
- Once the barbecue is heated, add the sausages. Use tongs to turn the sausages regularly to ensure that they cook evenly and don’t burn. Sausages must always be cooked right through to the centre.
- While sausages are cooking combine the capsicums, tomatoes, capers and vinegar. Serve the sausages with the salsa.
- The best tip for cooking sausages is not to pierce them before or during the cooking. If you prick good quality sausages you let all the moisture and the flavour out.
- Our other best tip – cook them slowly over a moderate heat. If you cook them too fast over too high a heat the skins may burst.