Barbecued butterflied lamb with vegetable salad
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 min | Cooking time: 35 mins
- 1½ kg Farm88 butterflied Lamb leg, trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g Japanese pumpkin, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- 250g baby chat potatoes, quartered
- ½ cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 small broccoli head, cut into florets
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 small bunch English spinach, trimmed, roughly torn
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Pre-heat a lightly oiled barbecue or chargrill pan over medium high heat. Combine garlic, soy, sesame oil and mirin in a small bowl. Rub marinade over lamb and season.
- Cook lamb for 12 to 15 mins on each side, brushing with marinade, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes and thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). In a large roasting pan lined with baking paper, place the pumpkin, potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli. Drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle with the spices. Season and toss to coat. Roast vegetable for 30 to 35 minutes, turning once, or until golden and tender. Add spinach to the pan, toss and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Serve lamb with roasted vegetables.