Barbecued Lamb Loin Chops with Avocado Salad
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 8 minutes
8 Tasman Lamb Loin Chops
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 baby cos lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
1 watercress, washed and trimmed
1 avocado, sliced
4 radishes, thinly sliced
¼ cup balsamic or French salad dressing
- Brush the lamb chops lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the rosemary. Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or char-grill plate to hot before adding the lamb.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn lamb once only. Test the lamb chops for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove lamb from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest lamb for 3 minutes before serving. Toss together the lettuce, watercress, avocado and radishes, drizzle with the salad dressing. Serve salad with the lamb chops.
- You can use lamb cutlets, lamb backstrap or lamb fillets for this recipe.
- The lamb can also be grilled.
- Preheat oven grill to high/maximum for grilling. Remove the grill tray from the oven beforehand, this prevents the meat sticking and becoming difficult to turn.