Barbecue pork ribs
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 20 mins + overnight marinating | Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 1.5kg Tasman pork spare ribs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- Place ribs into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 mintues or until just cooked. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, tomato sauce, vinegar, onion, garlic, mustard, paprika and chilli in a shallow ceramic dish. Add ribs, turning to coat with marinade. Marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Heat barbecue grill over medium heat. Drain marinade into a small pan. Cook ribs for 3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Bring marinade to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve ribs with sauce and a salad. Enjoy!