BBQ beef brisket
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 10-15mins | Cooking time: 8hr 15mins
- 1.5 – 2 kg Farm88 yearling beef brisket
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or a neutral oil like vegetable, canola)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
BBQ sauce marinade:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Mix dry rub ingredients together and rub over both sides of the brisket. (If you have the time, cover, and refrigerate for 30mins -24hrs).
- In the cooking dish you will be using to cook the brisket, add BBQ sauce marinade ingredients and mix together.
- Add the brisket to the dish and spoon the BBQ sauce over the brisket, ensuring all sides are covered. Place a double layer of foil on top and place in the oven. Cook for 8 hours (with the foil on).
- When ready, remove from oven. Collect the sauce from the dish into a saucepan and set aside.
- Place the brisket back in the oven for another 10-15 to caramelise the top of the brisket. In the meantime, simmer the sauce over medium heat until it thickens into a BBQ sauce consistency.
- To serve, slice thinly across the grain and serve with the BBQ sauce. Or serve on some fresh rolls with coleslaw for a yummy meal. Enjoy!