BBQ honey sausages & sambal
Serves: 8 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins +sambal night before
- 900g Tasman sausages
- 6 tbsp runny honey
- 4 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
For the sambal*: (night before)
- 1 papaya, peeled and deseeded, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Small pinch of golden caster sugar
- 1 level tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- To make the sambal, put the papaya, red onion, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and coriander in a bowl. Season well to taste and mix together. Cover and chill for at least 30min or up to 24hr.
- Cook the sausages on the barbecue for 10-15min or until they're well browned and almost cooked. Put in a large shallow dish.
- Mix together the honey, cajun seasoning and soy sauce. Pour over the sausages and mix well. Return the sausages to the barbecue for 3–4min, brushing over any remaining marinade as they finish cooking. Serve with the sambal.