BBQ lamb loin chops with fennel tabbouleh
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
8x Tasman lamb loin chops
1 tbs olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
2 small bulbs fresh fennel, finely shaved
¼ cup bulgar, cooked as per packet instructions
1 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 cup mint, finely chopped
1 large green chili, finely diced
1 lemon, juiced
¼ cup olive oil
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat BBQ to high. Store lamb at room temperature before cooking. Drizzle with oil and season with salt. Cook 3-4 mins each side. Remove from heat and allow to rest loosely covered in foil for 5 mins.
- To make the tabbouleh, toss all ingredients to combine well in serving bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chops with a good helping of tabbouleh.
- Use couscous as an alternative to bulgar.
- Chilli can be removed for a milder flavour if you do not want any heat.
- Drizzling oil lamb chops with the oil controls the amount on the pan, excess oil can cause flames or flare ups.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Beef & Lamb (MLA)