Pepper & garlic lamb BBQ chops with apple slaw
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15mins | Cooking Time: 10mins
- 4 large or 8 small Farm88 lamb BBQ forequater chops
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, optional
- 1 red apple
- 500g Brussels sprouts
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ cup pecans, toasted
- 50g shaved parmesan or crumbled feta
- Place garlic, black pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, and ¼ tsp salt in a large zip-top bag or shallow pan. Add lamb chops and turn to coat.
- Preheat a bbq or heavy-based skillet to medium. Cook chops for 3 - 5 min per side, or until cooked to your liking.
- For the salad, whisk vinegar, olive oil, honey, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Core apple and cut into matchsticks. Add apple to bowl with dressing and toss to coat. Thinly slice Brussels sprouts, add to bowl with apple, and toss well. Add pecans and cheese.
- Serve lamb chops with the crunchy slaw.
- For a stronger flavour, refrigerate lamb and marinade overnight.
- Lamb loin chop, or chump chops would also work well in this recipe.