Prawns with thai dipping sauce
Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 5mins | Cooking time: 5mins
24x whole cooked vannamei prawns (seasonally available)
3 garlic cloves, finely crushed
2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
1 lemongrass stalk, outer layer removed and finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp palm sugar or soft brown sugar
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
large handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
lime wedges, to serve
- Place frozen prawns into a large glass bowl.
- Cover with cold water, stir and drain.
- Cover again with cold water, stir again (this prevents the prawns from huddling together to make them harder to separate) and leave for a 12 - 15 mins.
- Peel prawns but leave tails on.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sea salt, lime wedges and the dip.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, chilli, palm sugar, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and coriander leaves with 2tbsp water until combined.