Beef Mince Chilli Con Carne Sweet Potato
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
500g Tasman beef mince
2 sweet potatoes (approx. 300g each), scrubbed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
400g can Chilli Beans ( flavoured to preference) or kidney beans, rinsed, drained if not wanting chilli
400g jar arrabbiata pasta sauce
½ cup grated tasty cheese
Coriander sprigs, pre-made coleslaw or salad leaves, lime wedges, to serve
- Prick the skins of sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Lightly spray sweet potato with oil and place on a plate lined with paper towel. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add mince and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned. Add beans and sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste adding chilli flakes as desired.
- To serve, cut sweet potatoes in half lengthways. Top with mince mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and coriander. Serve with coleslaw or salad and lime wedges.
- Beef strips would also work well in this recipe.
- Use your hands when adding the mince to the pan – it will help separate the mince.
- Leftover chilli con carne can be used to make sloppy joes – fill soft burger buns with warmed mince and salad.