Beef coconut curry
Serves: 4-5 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 3-4 hours
- 1.5 kg Farm88 yearling beef diced casserole steak
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 large onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 capsicum, deseeded & roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 heaped tbsp of your favourite curry paste
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree (paste)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 400ml coconut milk (full fat)
- To serve:
- rice, steamed
- fresh coriander leaves
- roti bread
1. Preheat oven to 160oC.
2. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a pan over high heat and add in the beef. Sear until lightly browned. (Cook in batches)
4. Add the beef into a large casserole dish and set aside.
5. Add oil to the pan and reduce the heat to medium.
6. Add in the onion and capsicum and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the onions have softened.
7. Add in the garlic, ginger, curry paste and crumbled stock cube. Stir for 1-3 minutes.
8. Add in the tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar and coconut milk. Mix and bring to the boil.
10. Pour the mixture on top of the beef, and give it a good stir.
11. Cover and place in the oven. Cook for 3-4 hours.
12. Serve with rice and roti bread and garnish with coriander.