Eye Fillet with soft polenta
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 4 x 150g Farm88 Yearling Beef Eye Fillet Steaks
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 ½ cups (625ml) milk
- 1 cup (170g) instant polenta
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 20g butter, diced
- Parsley leaves, chopped
- Steamed green beans, baby carrots and herb crème fraiche to serve
- Brush oil over the steak, season well. Heat a large heavy based chargrill or frying pan over medium high heat. Cook for 3-4 mins on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer steaks to a clean plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 mins before serving.
- Meanwhile to make the polenta, in a large saucepan bring the milk and 2 ½ cups (625ml) water to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. In a slow and steady stream pour in the polenta, whisking continuously. Reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes until thickened and smooth. Stir in the butter and parmesan. Season.
- Divide the polenta and steak into serving plates. Serve with herbed crème fraiche, beans and carrots. Sprinkle with parsley.