Beef in a Bag
1¼ kg Yearling beef roast
½ cup wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp gravy powder
2 cloves garlic sliced
1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
1 tbsp honey
3 medium carrots, halved lengthways
6 small baby potatoes
1 tbsp Golden Grange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 oven bag (40 x 25cm)
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180°C.
- Place beef in oven bag. Add combined mustard, honey, gravy powder, garlic and rosemary.
- Press bag to coat beef with mustard mixture.
- Toss vegetables in oil. Add to bag. Secure with twist tie.
- Place beef in bag in roasting pan.
- Pierce bag 6 times near tied end.
- Cook beef for 1 hour. Completely open top of bag. Stir juices, baste roast and cook for further 15 minutes until beef and vegetables are browned.
- Remove beef from oven. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Return vegetables to oven to finish browning whilst beef is resting.