Meatballs and Zucchini Noodles
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins
- In a large bowl combine the mince, onion and chopped basil. Season and roll into heaped tablespoon sized meatballs (makes approximately 20 balls).
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs for 6 to 7 minutes, browning on all sides. Add the pasta sauce and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly reduced and heated through.
- Add the zoodles, and toss to coat.
- Place meatballs and zoodles into bowls, top with parmesan and basil leaves and serve with baby rocket and lemon wedges, if desired.
- You will need a vegetable spiraliser for this recipe – alternatively you can use a vegetable peeler and cut the strips with a knife into “zoodles”.