Meatballs and zucchini noodles
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 500g Farm88 beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup basil leaves, finely chopped plus extra small leaves, to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g quality napolitana pasta sauce
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralised into zoodles
- ¼ cup shaved or finely grated parmesan
- Baby rocket salad and lemon wedges, to serve
- In a large bowl combine the mince, onion and chopped basil. Season and roll into heaped tablespoon sized meatballs (makes approximately 20 balls).
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs for 6 to 7 minutes, browning on all sides. Add the pasta sauce and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly reduced and heated through.
- Add the zoodles, and toss to coat.
- Place meatballs and zoodles into bowls, top with parmesan and basil leaves and serve with baby rocket and lemon wedges, if desired.
- You will need a vegetable spiraliser for this recipe – alternatively you can use a vegetable peeler and cut the strips with a knife into “zoodles”.