Beef satay skewers
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
500g Tasman beef diced (3cm cubes)
250g cherry tomatoes
1 yellow capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
250ml satay sauce
Olive oil spray
200g (1 cup) wholemeal couscous
Coriander leaves and baby salad leaves, to serve
- Using 8 metal or bamboo skewers, thread the beef, tomatoes and capsicum alternatively onto the skewers. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Brush the skewers with half the satay sauce, reserving the remaining sauce to serve.
- Pre-heat a lightly oiled barbecue or char-grill pan over medium-high heat and cook skewers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning often, or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the skewers drizzled with the remaining satay sauce, couscous sprinkled with coriander and baby salad leaves on the side.
- You will need to soak bamboo skewers for 5 to 10 minutes in cold water before using to prevent burning.