Bourbon & mustard glazed ham
Serves: 12-14 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 1 hr- 1hr -30 mins
- 1 Bertocchi Leg Ham (on the bone) half
- 2 tbs mustard powder
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1. Ask your butcher to remove the skin for you
2. Preheat oven to 160oC.
3. Line a large shallow roasting dish with foil and backing paper, and place ham on top.
4. With a very sharp small knife score the fat diagonally and then again in the opposite direction.
5. To make the glaze, combine mustard powder, maple syrup, bourbon and sugar in a large saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minute or until sugar dissolves. Stand until required.
6. Glaze the ham with the mixture and place in the oven for 20 minutes. basting with glaze from pan every 20 minutes, for 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes – or until ham is caramelised.