Middle Eastern butterflied lamb leg skewers
Serves 6 | Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 450g Farm88 butterflied lamb leg, diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp finely chopped oregano
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3- 4 corgettes coarsely chopped
Cracked wheat salad:
- 150g cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 80g burghul, soaked in hot water for 15 mins, drained well
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped mint
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped dill
- 1 ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 3 tbsp each tahini and lemon juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Combine lamb, lemon juice, herbs, garlic and about 2 tbsp olive oil in a bowl, season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to marinate overnight. Drain lamb from marinade and thread onto small skewers, adding pieces of capsicum and corgette at intervals to each skewer.
- For cracked wheat salad, toss ingredients in a bowl to combine and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat a lightly oiled char-grill or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle skewers with a little extra olive oil and cook, turning occasionally for about 3 minutes until browned and still slightly pink in the centre. Meanwhile, for tahini dressing, stir ingredients in a bowl to combine, thin with 3 tbsp hot water to drizzling consistency and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve place skewers on plate and top with cracked wheat salad and serve drizzled with tahini dressing.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Beef & Lamb (MLA)