Cajun spiced BBQ chicken chops
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10mins | Cooking time: 45min
- 4 Hazeldenes chicken BBQ chops
- 1 tbsp & 1tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g orzo
- 50g sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Basil, handful, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
- Rub the chicken chops with 1 tbsp of the Cajun seasoning and a decent pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in an oven-proof frying pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken, skin side down for 5-6 minutes, until nice and golden.
- Turn the stove off, flip the chicken chops over (skin facing up) and place the pan in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and pour in the orzo, 1tsp Cajun seasoning, sundried tomatoes, a good amount of salt and pepper and 250ml of boiling water. Mix and return the chicken to the pan.
- Place back into the oven for a further 18-20 minutes or until the orzo is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle basil over the top and serve! Enjoy!