Cajun spiced loin chops with pineapple salsa
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10mins | Cooking Time: 10mins
- 8 Farm88 lamb loin chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ small pineapple, peeled, cored, diced
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely chopped +extra leaves, to serve
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 300g packet microwave cauliflower rice
- 300g punnet baby tomatoes, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, peeled into ribbons
- ¼ cup currants
- Jacket potato, light sour cream, long green chilli, thinly sliced (optional), to serve
- Brush lamb chops with half the oil and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook lamb for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest on a plate loosely covered in foil for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine pineapple, mint and half the vinegar in a medium bowl. Season and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower rice, tomatoes, zucchini, currants and extra mint leaves. Drizzle with remaining oil and vinegar, season and toss to coat.
- Serve lamb chops with pineapple salsa, cauliflower salad and jacket potato with sour cream. Sprinkle with chilli, if desired.
- Lamb cutlets, forequarter chops or butterflied leg of lamb would work well in this recipe.
- Slice meat from any leftover chops, fill tacos (or lettuce cups) with leftover salad and top with lamb for a delicious night after dinner.
- Swap Cajun seasoning for Moroccan or Tuscan seasoning; swap cauliflower rice for broccoli rice, brown rice, quinoa or cous cous.