Cajun Spiced Y-Bone with Corn
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15mins | Cooking Time: 15mins
4 x 250g Tasman Yearling Beef Y-Bone Steak
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
2 cobs fresh corn
1 avocado, diced
½ small red onion, finely diced
½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
1 red chilli, finely diced
Zest and juice of 1 lime
Dressed cos lettuce leaves, to serve
- Rub the steaks with the oil and Cajun seasoning and set aside.
- Preheat a ridged chargrill over a moderately high heat. Place the corn on the chargrill and cook for 10 minutes, turning often, until lightly charred all over. Set aside to cool.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper and grill for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to medium rare. Place on a plate and loosely cover with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the corn kernels off the cobs and add place into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients with some salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve the steaks with the grilled corn salsa and some dressed cos lettuce leaves.