Caramelised beef mince stir fry
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 500g Farm88 beef mince
- 400g Udon noodles
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 2 bunches broccolini, halved
- 2 limes, zested and juiced to serve
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain, return to pan and cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat until just smoking, swirl to coat. Add garlic, ginger, fish sauce and beef mince, cook stirring with a spatula to break up any lumps, for 8 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Return wok to high heat, add brown sugar and 1/3 cup water. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Return beef mince to wok, add cashews and cook, stirring constantly to prevent catching for 5 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and broccolini, cook for 5 minutes. Add noodles to pan or place on plate and top with beef mixture. Scatter with herbs and serve.