Caribbean style beef spare ribs
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 1hr 45mins
1.5 kg Tasman beef spare ribs
1 tsp all spice
2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 corncobs, sliced into 3cm pieces
10 baby carrots
2 cups water
2 Kiwifruit, skinned and diced
4 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp olive oil
3- 4 cups chopped silverbeet
1/2 onion, chopped finely
2 spring onion, chopped finely
- Place ribs in a large saucepan with all spice, salt and pepper. Add water so ribs are not quite covered, add lid and simmer for 1 hour or until just tender.
- While ribs are cooking prepare kiwifruit marinade: combine skinned, diced kiwifruit, sugar and lime juice in a blender, blend until smooth.
- In oven dish splash oilve oil on bottom, add carrots and corn slices then place tender ribs on top (after cooked for 1 hr) brush kiwifruit marinade over ribs.
- Place into oven for 15 minutes at 200oC fan-forced and rebrush ribs, cooked for further 15 - 30 mins, or until the edges of ribs start to go crispy.
- Remove ribs, corn, carrots and serve with braised greens
Method Braised Greens
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions & spring onions to start to soften.
- Add chopped silverbeet greens stirring all together and to coat with oil.
- Stir until greens are barely wilted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue stirring until greens are tender.
- Serve with ribs!