Char-grilled lamb bbq forequarter chops
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 40 mins
800g Tasman lamb BBQ forequarter chops
500g chat potatoes
80g butter, at room temperature
¼ tsp mild curry powder
2 clove garlic, crushed
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley + extra, to serve
Juice and zest of half a lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 radicchio, cut into wedges
2 zucchini, sliced lengthways
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place butter, curry powder, one garlic clove, mustard, parsley, lemon juice and zest into a small food processor. Season and process until well combined. Spoon the butter mixture along the centre of a piece of foil to form a log. Roll up and twist ends to secure. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Place potatoes on prepared baking tray and lightly crush with a fork. In a small bowl combine remaining garlic and oil, season and drizzle over the potatoes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat a lightly oiled char-grill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Season chops and cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
- In the same char-grill pan or barbecue cook radicchio and zucchini, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until charred and tender.
- Top lamb chops with rounds of butter and serve with potatoes sprinkled with extra parsley and char-grilled vegetables.