Chicken & Avocado Bites
Makes: 36 | Preparation time: 20mins | Cooking time: 15mins
5 Tasman fresh chicken thigh fillets (skin off), cut into 2cm pieces
5 wholegrain tortillas
1 tbsp taco seasoning
2 ripe avocados, mashed
1 tbsp lime juice
1 red chilli, seeded & finely chopped
1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
200g cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 tbsp jalepenos, finely chopped
36 coriander leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut round discs from the tortillas using a 5cm pastry cutter. Place on a baking tray, sprayed lightly with olive oil. Bake for 4-6 mins or until light golden and set aside until firm.
- Coat the chicken with taco seasoning in a medium bowl. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally for 6-8 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Combine the avocado, lime juice, red chilli and chopped coriander in a medium bowl and season.
- In a small bowl, prepare the salsa by combining the tomato and jalepenos.
- Place tortilla discs on a serving platter. Top each with a spoon of avocado, tomato salsa and a piece of chicken.
- To garnish, top each each with a coriander leaf. Serve immediately. Enjoy!