Serves: Makes roughly 15-20 small dumplings | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15-20 min (depending on cooking method)
- 500g Hazeldenes chicken mince
- 180g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 30 dumpling wrappers
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add garlic, ginger and spring onion. Cook off for a few seconds and add in the mushrooms.
2. Add soy sauce and cook until the mushrooms leach out any water and they become soft. Set aside to cool down.
3. In a large bowl, add the chicken mince, cooked mushroom mixture, chives and the rest of the dumpling ingredients. Mix well.
4. Place the dumpling wrappers into a small muffin tray and then place in roughly a tablespoon of the dumpling mix and use the back of your spoon to close over the wrapper.
5. If your oven has a steaming function, set the oven temp to 100°C. Otherwise, you can cook the dumplings on the stove or in a normal oven. If cooking in the oven set the oven to 180°C. If cooking it on the stove, set to a medium heat. Use a large deep baking dish to make a water bath. Cover the bottom of the tray with water, and scrunch up some foil to hold the muffin tray in place. Cover tightly with foil. Steam for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. (cooking time may vary depending on the cooking method you chose.
6. Serve with chilli oil for that extra kick! Enjoy!