Grilled chicken kebabs with herbed bulgur
Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1x 10pk Tasman marinated chicken kebabs
½ small pumpkin, chopped into roughly 2-3cm sq pieces
6 tbsp olive oil
¾ tsp curry powder
600ml vegetable broth
Salt & pepper
1 ½ handful of mixed fresh herbs (parsley and mint)
12 Bamboo skewers
- Rinse bulgur in a sieve and drain. Rinse and trim the scallions and cut diagonally into rings. In a hot pan, saute briefly in 2 tablespoons hot oil. Mix in bulgur and curry, sauté briefly and cover with broth. Season with salt and pepper, cover and simmer over low heat about 15 minutes to finish cooking. Add broth as necessary to cook, but by the end of cooking, the liquid should have been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, rinse the herbs, shake dry, pluck the leaves and finely chop.
- Remove threaded chicken pieces on 6 skewers and alternately thread pumpkin and chicken back onto the 12 bamboo skewers.
- Brush with the remaining oil, season with salt and pepper and cook on a hot grill about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped herbs to the bulgur and season as desired. Spoon bulgar into small bowls and serve on large plates with the skewers.
Note: Other vegetables can also be threaded onto skewers, try sweet potato, red onion and capsicums.