Chicken Breast With Creamy Chive Sauce,
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins
500g Tasman Chicken Breast Fillets, cut into chunks
2 tbsp Olivital extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp plain flour
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
handful roquette leaves
1/2 red onion, diced
4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
salt and pepper to taste
parsley to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and cook chicken until browned, set aside.
- Melt butter in cleaned pan and sautee garlic for 1 minute. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Mix cream and milk in a bowl and whisk into the flour mixture until smooth. Return to heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Add chicken, parmesan and chives and cook while stirring until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in boiling water until soft.
- Combine tomatoes, onion and roquette in a bowl and drizzle in remaining oil and combine.
- To serve, transfer chicken, sauce, potatoes and salad to plates, season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.