Mexican-style slow-cooked beef wraps
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 100 mins
- 600g Farm88 yearling beef chuck on the bone
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 4 large tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 truss tomatoes, diced
- Sour cream
- Taco sauce
- In a large casserole dish or saucepan heat the oil over medium heat and cook the onion for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the spices and cook for 1 minute. Add the beef and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Add the chipotle sauce, oregano and ¾ cup water. Season, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 ½ hours or until beef is tender.
- Shred up the beef with two forks.
- Warm tortillas according to packet instructions.
- Top the tortillas with sour cream, beans, avocado beef mixture, taco sauce, tomatoes and cheese.
- Gravy beef would also work well in this recipe
- The beef filling would also be great in tacos or quesadillas
- Chipotle in adobo sauce is available in the Mexican section of the supermarket or grocer.