Classic beef burger
Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 6x Tasman beef burgers (pre-made)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g cheddar cheese, thinly sliced, to serve
- 6 hamburger buns, halved
- 6 lettuce leaves, to serve
- 3 medium (about 450g) ripe tomatoes, sliced, to serve
- Tomato Sauce, to serve
- ⅓ cup American mustard (optional)
- Heat half the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat and cook half the patties for about 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer the patties to a plate, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and patties.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the hamburger buns, cut-side up, under the preheated grill and toast for 1 minute or until golden, if desired. Leave the grill on. Place the patties on a baking tray lined with foil. Top patties with cheese. Place under the grill for 1 minute or until the cheese is just melted.
- To serve, spread the bottom halves of the toasted hamburger buns with the American mustard (if desired). Top with the lettuce, sliced tomato, patties and dollop with tomato sauce. Cover with the hamburger bun tops.