Classic braised beef ribs
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 2 hrs 30 mins
- 6x (about 2kg) Farm88 yearling beef spare ribs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ white onion diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup beef broth (or stock)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Season all sides of the short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy, oven-safe pot over high heat. Add in olive oil and allow to heat briefly. Sear short ribs in olive oil, about 1 minute per side. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add in onion and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Pour in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add in meat. Place a rosemary sprig on top.
- Cover and transfer to preheated oven for about 2.5 hours, until meat is tender.
- Serve with a creamy mashed potato.
- Don't have an oven-safe pot? You can let it simmer, covered, in a regular pot on the stove for 2.5 hours.