Classic chicken parma
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 packet Tasman Butchers fresh chicken breast schnitzels crumbed
- 1 cup Frying oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp red chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp Italian mixed herbs
- ¼ cup white wine
- 400g tomato passata
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ tsp each of salt pepper
- 1 cup freshly shaved ham
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (or as much as your heart desires)
- 4 basil leaves
- Prepare the tomato sauce:
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, cook until the onion is translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in red chili flakes and herbs for 15 seconds.
- Pour in wine, increase the heat, and let it simmer until mostly evaporated and the winey smell is gone.
- Add tomato, chicken stock, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Keep warm.
2. Fry the chicken schnitzels:
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the chicken schnitzels until they turn golden and crispy.
3. Layer the ingredients:
- Place the cooked chicken schnitzels in a baking dish.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the schnitzels.
- Top with slices of ham and cheese.
4. Bake in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts and turns golden.
5. Garnish and serve:
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle fresh basil leaves on top.
- Serve the delicious chicken parma with a side of chips and enjoy!