Classic Italian meatballs
Serves 4-5 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
24 Pack Tasman Gluten Free Beef Meatballs
Passata Sauce 680g
1 tbsp Golden Grange Olive Oil
3/4 cup onion, finely chopped (white, brown or yellow)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup water
1 tsp red pepper (chilli) flakes
3 tsp dried Italian herb mix (parsley, basil, thyme, oregano)
1 tsp salt
Spighe di Campo Spaghetti
Parmigiano-Reggiano (or parmesan), freshly grated
Parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a large non stick fry pan over medium to high heat. Add the meatballs and brown all over. I prefer to shake the pan gently to roll the meatballs around, rather than using a spoon (they hold their shape better).
- When they are browned but NOT cooked through, carefully transfer them onto a plate.
- Heat one 1 tbsp of olive oil into the fry pan. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until translucent. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer, then turn down to medium low so it bubbles gently rather than splattering everywhere.
- Carefully transfer the meatballs and any juices that have pooled on the plate into the sauce.
- Cook the meatballs for 10 minutes, turning and stirring occasionally. Season the sauce with pepper and salt to taste.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cook your choice of pasta - we recommend spaghetti.
- Serve the meatballs on pasta, garnished with extra Parmigiano-Reggiano and parsley if using.