Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 2 hours
- 1kg Farm88 regular beef mince
- 25g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 2 zucchinis, finely diced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup white wine
- 500 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 stalk rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 800g frozen potato gems (or enough to cover the top)
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add in the butter and olive oil.
2. Sauté the garlic, onion, carrot celery and zucchini for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Break up the mince into the saucepan and fry off for a few minutes until browned.
4. Add in the tomato paste and make sure it’s all combined.
5. Add the flour and stir for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the wine and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Now add your stock, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and herbs (rosemary & bay leaves).
8. Cover and simmer for 1 hour (stirring if needed).
9. Uncover and simmer for another 30 minutes or until desired consistency.
10. Preheat the oven to 200oC fan-forced.
11. Remove the rosemary and bay leaves.
12. Stir through the frozen peas into the mixture.
13. Transfer the pie mixture to a large baking dish and place the frozen potato gems on top of the mixture, ensuring you cover the whole surface.
14. Bake for 20-35 minutes or until the potato gems are golden and crisp. Enjoy!