Rump Steak with Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 2 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins
• Tasman Yearling Beef Rump Steak 1kg
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 cup salt-reduced beef stock
• 3 tbsp green peppercorns
• 2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
• ⅛ cup white or red wine
• 2 tsp brandy, port or sherry, optional
• ⅛ cup fresh cream
• 1 tsp onion powder, optional
• sea salt, to taste
• 3 tsp cornflour as thickener
• 2 tsp cold water
1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add green and black peppercorns and cook for 20 seconds. Add stock, wine and bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce and cook off the alcohol. Add cream and cook for a further 5 minutes for the sauce to thicken slightly. Whisk in onion powder and cornflour, mixed in with two teaspoons chilled water. Whisk for a further minute for the sauce to thicken.
2. Serve over rump steak.