Crispy air fryer buffalo wings
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 16 minutes
- 500g Hazeldenes chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
Honey Buffalo Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 200°C.
- In a medium sized bowl add the chicken wings and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place in an even layer in your air fryer basket. Cook for 8 minutes. Turn the wings and continue cooking for at least 8 minutes or until done.
- In a small bowl whisk buffalo sauce, honey and Worcestershire sauce.
- Brush glaze on top of wings. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve!
Tips:Patting the wings dry before adding the oil and seasoning will help them get even crispier. It will remove any excess water which can slow the cooking and cause them to steam. They will still be cooked through but won’t be as crispy. Use paper towels to pat them down, or even keep them in the fridge uncovered before seasoning to help dehydrate them.
To cook in a regular oven:
Bake the chicken wings at 225°C for 35-45 min. Turn the chicken half way through baking. They will take longer and your results may not be the same.