Crispy roast pork belly with sweet orange vinegar
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 30mins | Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1.5kg Tasman Butchers pork belly
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Orange vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup verjuice
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick, cracked
- 1 star anise, cracked
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- Sea salt to taste
- Score the pork belly rind with a sharp Stanley knife into thin strips.
- Rub the rind with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Allow to stand for 20 minutes. Remove salt with a paper towel.
- Place the pork belly skin side down in a baking pan. Drizzle with a little more oil and season.
- Cook for 30 minutes then turn pork belly and reduce heat to 190°C for a further 30-40 minutes. Belly will be crisp and golden. Remove and cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer over a low heat until vinegar is syrupy.
- Serve pork belly sliced and drizzled with orange vinegar.