Crispy-skinned baked chicken drumsticks
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 8 Hazeldenes chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Line a rimmed baking tray with baking paper and arrange the drumsticks in a single layer.
- Make the seasoning paste: In a medium bowl, use a fork or a spatula to mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, and spices.
- Using a pastry brush or your hands, coat the chicken pieces with the seasoning paste.
- Bake the drumsticks uncovered until their internal temperature reaches 74°C, about 40 minutes.
- Baste the drumsticks with the pan juices using a clean pastry brush. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Check on the drumsticks after 30 mins. If they are darkening too fast on top, cover loosely with foil until they are cooked through.