Crumbed pork koftas with mash
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1kg Tasman pork mince
- 1 ½ cups dry bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp BBQ seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 red onion, cut into large squares
- 1 red capsicum, cut into squares
- Oil to brush
- Soaked wooden skewers
- 2 cups mashed potato
- BBQ sauce
- Combine pork mince, breadcrumbs, BBQ sauce, seasoning & egg in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide the pork mixture into around 24 even portions and roll into small oval shapes.
- Thread each skewer, starting with pork, then thread alternatively with onion and capsicum. Each skewer should have two to three pork balls to make 12 skewers.
- Brush each skewer with a little oil and cook on a pre-heated griddle pan or BBQ plate over a medium heat 6-8 minutes each side, turning frequently.
- Serve pork meatball skewers on a bed of mash drizzled with a little BBQ sauce and serve with a little salad on the side.
Note: these meatball skewers are delicious served anytime and can be frozen for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator. Skewers can be prepared in miniature and served as finger food with your favourite dipping sauce.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Pork