Crunchy Beef Tacos
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
500g Tasman Regular Beef Mince
400g can of red kidney beans, preferably in chilli sauce
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 red onion, finely diced
1 tbsp Golden Grange Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp ground cumin
200g jar of red jalapenos, drained
100g Emmental cheese, grated
8 taco shells
- Heat the oil in a deep sided frying pan or wok.
- Add the onion and fry until soft; add the mince and brown.
- Add the garlic and cumin and fry for a minute.
- Stir in the kidney beans and tomatoes and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- To serve, preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place taco shells, open and end down on a baking sheet and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Fill the warmed tacos with lettuce, chilli beef and top with jalapenos and cheese.
- Add 1-2 tsp chilli powder with the cumin.
- Serve with tomato salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!